Last updated: May 18, 2018
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the FSMC Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the FSMC Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your member-facing profile will be available for viewing to users of the FSMC Platform. Once you create a profile, other users will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the FSMC Platform, such as the questions and answers you post on the forum, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to Your Content. For more information about your choices for publicly displayed information, see the section below about Your Choices.
Your Content: We collect and store the information and content that you post to the FSMC Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are viewable on the FSMC Platform membership area forum, along with your name. This will not be indexed by search engines and be republished on the Internet.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the FSMC Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, FSMC cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the FSMC Platform, as well as on third-party sites and services that have embedded our FSMC pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about FSMC Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on the FSMC Platform to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. FSMC uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the FSMC Platform, communicate with you about your use of the FSMC Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the FSMC Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the FSMC Platform.
- To display interest-based advertising to you in the FSMC Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the Ad Services section below about FSMC Ads and Personalization.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the FSMC Platform; to evaluate and improve the FSMC Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information, where we believe it necessary to respond to claims, asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of FSMC, its users, or others.
Your Content and Activity. Your Content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the FSMC Forum. In addition, Your Content will not be indexed by search engines.
Metrics. We may share with users of our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the FSMC Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the FSMC Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies, Pixels, and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the FSMC Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the FSMC Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information are subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the FSMC Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third-parties as discussed in the FSMC Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by FSMC Pixels, as described below in FSMC Ads and Personalization.
FSMC Ads and Personalization
We may display personalized content (including from third-party publishers) and personalized ads (including sponsored content), based on information that we have collected via the FSMC Platform, and through our Pixels, widgets, and buttons embedded on third-party sites. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw a particular ad or content and related audience engagement information to users of our Ad Services and to publishers of content on the FSMC Platform.
Users of our Ad Services may also provide us with information as part of their ad campaigns, including customer list information (e.g., email addresses and demographic or interest data) with us in order to create customized audiences for their ad campaigns; we only use this information to facilitate the particular user’s campaign (including ad metrics and reporting to that user) or for fraud detection and security purposes; and we do not disclose this information to third parties (other than our service providers) unless required by law. We also do not disclose to the users of our Ad Services the names or identities of their customers that were successfully reached as part of such campaigns.
In addition to opting out of tracking across sites by our Pixels (see “Your Choices” section below), you also may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third-party sites and through third-party ad networks (including Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). See “Your Choices” section below for more information about opting out of third-party ad networks.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. FSMC has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the FSMC Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the FSMC Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the FSMC Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Emails and Communications. When you join the FSMC Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the FSMC digest containing content that we believe may match your interests. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Third Party Ad Networks
For information about and to opt out of interest-based ads from many ad networks, go to:
- S.: www.aboutads.info Internet Advertising Bureau
- Canada: youradchoices.ca
- European Union: youronlinechoices.eu
Transferring Your Data
FSMC is headquartered in the United States and has operations, entities and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to email@example.com
Last Updated: May 18, 2018
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the FSMC Platform, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the FSMC Platform, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the FSMC Platform.
What Is a Cookie?
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by www.marketingconsultants.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They have activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on the FSMC Platform may be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the FSMC Platform and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to the FSMC Platform and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on the FSMC Platform when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the FSMC Platform, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee how the FSMC Platform or the security on the FSMC Platform will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use the FSMC Platform e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the FSMC Platform works, understand the interests of our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the FSMC Platform is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site
- Obtain data on the number of users of the FSMC Platform that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve the FSMC Platform by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the FSMC Platform
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on the FSMC Platform so that it won’t repeat
- Show you when you’re logged in to the FSMC Platform
- To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to the FSMC Platform, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows FSMC to display targeted ads to you on the FSMC Platform.
We may use targeting cookies to:
- Display targeted ads within the FSMC Platform.
- To improve how we deliver personalized ads and content, and to measure the success of ad campaigns on the FSMC Platform.
Additional Information About Advertising and Analytics
FSMC Opt-Out Options
Third Party Analytics and Advertising
Facebook Connect. For more information about what Facebook collects when you use Facebook buttons on the FSMC Platform, please see
Facebook Ads. For more information about what Facebook collects and your choices around Facebook Ads, please see
Twitter. For more information about what Twitter collects when you use Twitter buttons on the FSMC Platform or visit pages on the FSMC Platform that include these buttons, please see:
LinkedIn. For more information about what LinkedIn collects when you use LinkedIn buttons on the FSMC Platform or visit pages on the FSMC Platform that include these buttons, please see
Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on; if you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser here.
More Information About FSMC Ads
More Information About Targeted Advertising By Third Parties
A guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy that has been produced by the internet advertising industry can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu
For more information about and to opt out of interest-based ads from many ad networks, go to:
- European Union: youronlinechoices.eu/
- Canada: youradchoices.ca
- S.: www.aboutads.info. Internet Advertising Bureau
More Information About Cookies
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom